Saturday, December 15, 2007

Slow in Snow

So I'm starting to compile a list of running map links. This will make things much easier since now I won't have to copy over my bookmark list for every computer that I use (and there are quite a few).

We got a dusting last night, and so today's jog was very slippery. I stayed on grassy areas, since the roads were much worse for traction. It was about as uneventful as a run can be. Lonely windy and slippery, I seemed to be the only fool out there. With the Jackson Park Lagoon frozen over, and golfing an impossibility, there's pretty much nobody who wants to be in the park.

I took one little spill on some ice that was underneath the half inch of snow we got, but it wasn't a bad one.

I'm surprised I don't see other runners on the golf course in general (even when the weather's perfect). It's a lot nicer than the lakefront path, both scenery-wise and weather-wise.

Run:
7.4 miles slow on snow (HR avg 145)
1:00:45

The boy is doing great these days. There's been a recent phase transition, it seems. Suddenly he's realized that there are objects around, and that he can explore them. So he's been needing toys just in time for the holidays! It seems like his learning curve just got really steep all of a sudden, since he's interacting so much more with his environment. I'm sure all you folks with experience in this department already know all of this, but perhaps you remember how cool it was to see it happening for the first time in your first kid.

No comments: