Sunday, December 23, 2007

Coolrunning is Back

So I've been checking in on the Coolrunning message boards this week, in the hope that order will be restored, and it looks like things are coming together again. AndyHass is back posting, Nobby is still there, and all of the old threads are back (with full search functionality).

While the look of the active pages leaves much to be desired, the part of the CR community that I engaged with seems to still be there.

Today I was hoping to go to the university gym for a treadmill run (17 deg and 40mph winds driving sparse snow was what I saw out my window), but alas there are no students left to swipe my card, and so I headed out into the wasteland. It wasn't actually bad at all. The wind was biting when it hit my face, but I dressed in a full winter running suit I was lucky enough to receive a couple of years ago for x-mas. I wore my old XC Championship gloves from my old team in Ithaca new York..."Upstate NY XC / The Provin' Grounds" screened on the knitting. Good memories. The snow was all gone from the 53 degree weather we had just yesterday.

Run:
cold and windy ... slow on grass
7.9 miles 1:01:45 (7:48)

Week in review:
57.3 miles 7.1 hours 7:26 avg pace

No comments: