Wednesday, May 7, 2008

World Record!

So have I mentioned that I'll be working in the same department as a former world record holder?

I will be!

Indoor mile, female 45-49 age group. Pretty cool.

So I wasn't tagged, but I found this interesting. I really liked Tusca's. Here's my unsolicited "six word novel":

Walking feels wrong, so I run.

I could explain it, but it's fairly transparent. The thing I liked about these is the fact that there are usually lots of ways to interpret just six words, and these interpretations will likely vary from person to person based on experience.

Hemmingway's is pretty damn dark...copied from Tuscaloosa:

For Sale: Baby shoes. Never worn

Running is happening. I often have been skipping the watch, and I haven't been logging, but I'm keeping it up about 4-5 days a week. 30-40 miles, probably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, could you beat her? What is that record out of curiosity?

I'm glad your getting your feet back under you. You can always pick training up when things calm down--right now, so many changes, so it makes complete sense why you've taken some down time.

Hubitron said...

5:18.1 was the record then. Now it's been brought down by quite a bit as masters T&F has gained more respect. It's 5:05.x now.

I wouldn't say they're back under me quite yet...I won't feel like that again until I've been able to garner a month's worth of ~60 mile weeks. Just doing what I feel like I can right now.