Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Steady State

Not too much time to blow...just the basics for now. Will has already pulled back on the reins a bit, and told me to go easier on the 200m - 400m repeats on Mondays and Thursdays to make sure I'm not zapped for the more serious Tuesday and Saturday workouts.

So today was "serious." Unfortunately, I packed everything except the transmitter for my heart rate monitor when I prepared to run from work later in the day, so no technical feedback. I went by feel, and probably went a little too hard, based on the numbers I ripped off (intended 80%MHR). On the Waterfall Glen course (see side-bar on right), I ran 6:22 average for 9.5 miles on rolling terrain, some of the few hills we have in the Chicago area. I kept a 3-3 breathing pattern for everything except for the longer uphills, so I probably wasn't doing too bad. In the last mile or two, my stabilizers were feeling a little sore, probably since the path was pretty rutted due to the recent thaw.

I'm going to appreciate tomorrow's easy day.

No comments: